In Summer of 2014, Chuck Russom FX sent a team of recordists to the Arizona Desert to record sounds for an epic collection of guns. Multiple microphones were placed at close, medium, and distant perspectives. High resolution (24 bit 96K) audio was recorded to 20 tracks using high-end professional recorders, microphones, and preamps. After an extensive recording process, we came away with 55 gigabytes of raw source recordings to build this library from.
The result was a collection so big, that it had to be split into two libraries. Each Handgun, Semi Auto Rifle, and Bolt Action Rifle includes multiple single shots (10 or more). Submachine Guns, Assault Rifles, and Machine guns inlcude multiple single shots, bursts, and long bursts (generally 20 rounds or more). Every gun in the library features sounds from 10-16 microphone positions, covering close, medium, and distant perspectives.
Our goal with these sounds is not to produce yet another library of stereo mixdowns or over-designed guns. This is a collection of multichannel recordings giving you many different microhpone perspectives to allow maxiumum flexibiltiy when designing your own gun sounds. These are real guns, firing live rounds, recorded in an outdoor environment. The recordings have been kept as raw and unprocessed as possible. While some cleaning was performed on the files, you may still encounter occasional noise (shell ejections, rumble, wind buffets, other outdoor sounds). It is our belief that if removing noise takes away from the character of the sound, we’d rather leave it alone, and let the end user decide how to best fit the sound in their mix. Despite any small imperfections, these are some of the cleanest and most useful gun recordings you will find anywhere.
Guns: Voulme 1 (12 weapons – 375 Files - 5GB) (Now Available)
Includes The Following Weapons:
- Handgun: Kimber Custom II 1911: .45 ACP
- Handgun: Smith & Wesson 686 Revolver: .357 Magnum
- Submachine Gun: Mini Uzi: 9mm
- Submachine Gun: H&K MP5: 9mm (950 rpm)
- Assault Rife: HK53: 5.56x45mm
- Assault Rifle: M4 Carbine: 5.56x45mm
- Assault Rifle: FN SCAR: 17 7.62x51mm
- Rife: Saiga IZ-139 Semi Auto: 7.62x51mm
- Rifle: Savage Model 16 Bolt Action: .308
- Machine Gun: FN M249 SAW: 5.56x45mm
- Machine Gun: FN M240: 7.62x51mm
- Machine Gun: Browning M2HB .50 BMG
Early Adopter Special: Purchase Volume 1 before October 1, 2014 and receive an offer to purchase Guns: Volume 2 for $100. Your offer will be emailed to you when the library is released.
Guns: Volume 2 (Coming October 2014)
Will Include The Following Weapons:
- Handgun: Walther P1: 9mm
- Handgun: Walther P99: .40 S&W
- Handgun: Glock 18 Full Auto: 9mm
- Submachine Gun: Uzi: 9mm (600 rpm)
- Submachine Gun: FN P90: 5.7x28mm
- Assault Rife: AK47: 7.62x39mm
- Assault Rifle: FN FAL: 7.62x51mm
- Assault Rifle: AR10: 7.62x51mm
- Rife: SKS Semi Auto: 7.62x39mm
- Rifle: Mosin Nagant Bolt Action: 7.62x54r
- Machine Gun: RPD: 7.62x39mm
- Machine Gun: PKM: 7.62x54r
HK53 Assault Rifle Microphone Comparison Video
Posted pricing is for a single user license. If you require a license covering multiple users, contact us for a quote
Due to the downloadable nature of our products refunds cannot be offered.
Please View Our EULA
M240B 7.62mm Medium Machine Gun By PEOSoldier - Used Under A Creative Commons License